I love my King Size mattress!
And I think it stupid that anyone would choose a queen over a king when they have the option.
I’m so confused on why anyone would choose a queen over a king that I sat down and wrote the pros and cons of each. I thought maybe I was wrong? I still think I’m right, but you decide…
Pros of King
- More room than a queen.
- Keeps you from sleep-hitting your partner in bed.
- More room for the dogs, cats, and the kids.
- More room for family time (watch a movie in your big bed)
- More comforting knowing you have a big bed to crawl into.
- Spill something in bed you just move over slightly so that spot can dry.
- More room for adult activities.
- Less vacuuming. The more the mattress takes upon space, the less you need to vacuum. (I like this one)
- A must have if you’re tall. Consider a California king if you’re tall as it gives you more height.
- The only option if your overweight.
- A king is two twin XL mattresses put together. This means if you want those fancy adjustable bed frames that adjust individually you’ll need to go with the king. I do think adjustable bed frames will be the more commonplace because the prices on them have dropped.
Cons of King
- If you don’t have a king foundation, you’ll need to get one.
- Bedding can be more expensive but this seems to be less of an issue these days.
- Takes up more room, not good if you have a small room.
- Some say it’s harder to cuddle, but I say true love knows no distance. Especially when it’s only a 16-inch difference.
- Can make a small room look even smaller.
- Harder to give away or sell your old mattress. Even if the mattress is brand new, it’s like you’re giving someone the plague when you tell them it’s a king size.
- Becoming more popular after the recession.
- Once you go king, it’s hard to go back.
Pros of Queen
- Fits better in smaller rooms.
- Super common and can be found everywhere.
- The best mattress to get for guest rooms or spare rooms.
- Often cheaper than King. But the prices of mattresses you can get online are getting more affordable now. Just check out the King Size Zinus Green Tea Mattress on Amazon.
- Works better if you’re short.
Cons of Queen
- Smaller than a king.
- More cramp if the kids or pets jump in.
- The default boring mattress everyone buys.
- Throw off the balance of a large room. You don’t want the small bed in a large room look.
- Becoming less popular
The Real Winner?
The real winner is going to be you. Sometimes you need a small mattress. And sometimes you need a large mattress.
But if you want my honest opinion, I say go with the king. You’ll have more room for the whole family to jump in for a movie night.
You have more room to spread out. And cuddling goes to a new level because of the extra room you cuddle in 3D! Cuddle on the left, the right, and down the middle!